The Youth Corps Changemaker Programme is a community of influential growth-minded leaders working together to make a difference.
We give you a peek into the development world during your service year and help you learn valuable skills that will put you ahead of other corp members once you complete your service year.
The program offers a unique opportunity to corp members all across Nigeria to be part of a community of Changemakers bringing social impact to their host communities. The program is designed to be a learning experience and a highly rewarding pursuit for selected youth corpers while providing them with a platform to build their leadership capabilities and creating a pathway for them to take action and create change in the community.
In this role, Youth Corps Changemakers will develop skills that are valuable in every sector such as leadership and entrepreneurial skills such as empathy, effective communication, persuasion, presentation, emotional intelligence, collaboration, problem-solving, and the ability to form relationships with various stakeholders. The FAME office is located in Ibadan, and as such, corp members located outside of Oyo State will be expected to work independently for the majority of the programme.
This is a personal social responsibility and as such, interested candidates need to ensure that they can set aside time in their schedules to actively dedicate themselves to this programme.
Candidates must be currently serving youth corps members in a state in Nigeria. We also accept candidates who have just been mobilized. You must have at least six months left of your NYSC program in order to be eligible for this role. Essential skills required for this role include:
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent networking and time management skills
• Smart and well-articulated
• Enthusiasm and ability to take initiative
• Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and remotely
• Registered Youth Corp member who is not in the 7th month of her/his program
• Youth Corpers who want to be part of something bigger than themselves
• Youth Corpers who have an abundance mindset
• Youth Corpers who aspire to be exceptional leaders
• Youth Corpers who are committed to personal growth
• Youth Corpers who are hungry and dream of success
• Youth Corpers who dream of significance
• Youth Corpers who command a positive aura that people want to be around
• Youth Corpers who would love to help us raise and mentor young leaders in the communities they serve
• Represent FAME in your community
• Learn about FAME’s work and advance it in your community
• Plan and host Fame leadership programmes for your students in your place of primary assignment to amplify Fame’s Work
• Facilitate Fame Global Leadership Programme in your school and mentor young girls and boys in your communities
• Live out the FAME values in your community and in the world
• The gift of growth and exploring new domains for personal growth
• Development of leadership and entrepreneurial skills through service
• Attend Youth Corps Changemaker training program
• Career advisory, mentorship, and interaction with accomplished leaders from every sector
• Recommendation, Nomination, and Access to exclusive development programs and opportunities
• Inclusion of Youth Corps Changemaker experience in your resume
• Recommendation Letters, Awards & Certificate of Service (Based on Performance)
• Qualified corps members are expected to visit this link and complete an online form (this should take no longer than 3 minutes) with required personal data, and answer questions telling us why they should be selected.
Please send an email to email@example.com or Whatsapp message to +2347048283072.
The portal is currently open for prospective corp members to apply.
The Youth Corps Changemaker facilitates FAME leadership programmes at their Place of Primary Assignment.
It’s a 6 months – 1 year programme.
1 – 2 hours a week is the barest minimum time the organization expects from selected changemakers, virtually or physically.
After your training of trainers programme.
The organization determines that.
Yes, you can apply again if you still have 6 months left in your service year.
Selected candidates will be notified of the next steps.
A corps member who just got mobilized or still has 6 months before the end of her/his programme.